Minolta´s Dimage Scan Dual no more !
Now: Nikon Super Coolscan LS-2000
- Why new scanner ?
- Better resolution and speed. Not so much the resolution, but the speed.
- Very useful ICE(tm)-function to reduce/remove dust and scratches from surface.
- Multi-sample scanning, reduces the noice introduced by the sensor.
- Automatic (motor) 35mm film transport. Batch-scan of a stripe of 35mm film.
- Optional auto-feeder for mounted slides.
- Here´s a sample image (b&w) at 2438dpi which results in a (27MB/3 =) 9MB image.
Small preview in JPG
Full res image in WIF (Warning: 362kBytes)
- What is WIF ?
- There is another nice wavelet compression tool.
4U2C has a different file-format, but about the same compression ratio.
You can get information as well as a demo version at www.summus.com
- Tony Sleep has got a great comparison page of slide-scanners.